Surviving Exams



It's that time of the year again and I am already freaking out. Gladly mine are still 3 or 4 weeks away but still you can never start planning early enough. Last year during the two exam phases I managed to get between 9 and 13/15 points on every single exam.
Since all these points count towards my A-Levels I thought why not write my 'tricks and tips' down so I'll remember and maybe help some of you too.

Step one is something I did last year and already have done again, is marking all your exams on a calender and putting it up somewhere you see it every day, like over your desk or next to your dressing table. This is quite important since there won't be any surprises like I had yesterday when I found out I ha an ethics test today. Only because I didn't write it down. 

Step two: sort out your priorities. Basically I look at the exams and which subject is when and then I decide for what subjects I will need to study more than for others. Also get a planner if you haven't already and note done when to study for what exam. It will help you to stick to your revision.

Step three will be the actual revision. I always write down a summary of all the things we did in class, either in a notebook or revision cards, depends on how much I need to learn. And only by writing it down again you will already memorise quite a lot. Simple as that just make sure you're concentrated and don't watch TV or anything at the same time. Music is okay though just make sure it's a playlist that's not to distracting.

Step four is rewarding yourself every once in a while. Maybe go out and buy yourself something for a pamper night, like bath bombs from lush (I bought a lot of them) or go out with some friends for a coffee/tea and some cake. Just anything that makes you happy.

Now when it comes to exam day, let's say maths, it is important to go to bed early. On normal school days I go to bed at around 11ish but before exams I try to be ready by 9 and be asleep around 10 so that when I wake up I have had enough sleep and feel good. This will also help you keep your concentration up. 
Which leads me to another point I believe always important and that's staying hydrated while eating clean, without getting cravings between the meals. Make sure to always have a banana or something that gives you sugar but need some time to be digested because otherwise you will get a sugar rush and crave even more sugar. And during a 5 hour exam, like my German one, it's good to keep you stomach from starting to growl out loud.

Also one last massive point you shouldn't forget is to take some time off revising. Make sure you don't overwork yourself and take a bath some time or face masks or what ever keeps you relaxed.

I hope I helped you with these steps because they certainly did help me.

lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment