Made In The A.M. prelistening and first impressions


http://onedirectiongallery.org/thumbnails.php?album=4467

Friday was well how can I put it, it started out great and then turned into complete and utter horror.

As some of you might know there is this band called 'One Direction' and guess what they have a new album!! 

I was lucky enough to get tickets for a prelistening on Thursday and it was hella good you don't even know.

First of all everyone at Sony Music was so nice to us. I really want to work there like seriously 'workplacegoals'.
Anyway we were offered some sweets and drinks and then sat down in a little room with a massive Made In The A.M. poster and got a set list which is now framed up on my wall.
Most of the other girls came with their friends and I didn't want to interrupt anything so I stayed by myself.
They then started playing the album and omg it's incredible. The best one they've made yet.

'Hey Angel' is the first track and it's such a great start. The lyrics are quite simple but the meaning is so deep. At first I didn't want to move because I was afraid I'd make a noise and miss something. The boys' vocals are so good in this one. I swear they have improved so much since FOUR.

Next song is 'Drag Me Down' and since we all already knew the lyrics by heart we sang along so loud and kinda danced while sitting. But yeah great song especially when the beat drops, best part of the whole song. Really empowering.

Number three is who would've guessed 'Perfect' the second single from the album. It's so cute and oh god Niall's voice is soooo good here. Again we all knew the lyrics so we went crazy on this one again. I swear if you're not a Directioner and would've stayed in this room with us you would've thought we're crazy but actually we just really love and appreciate our boys to a point where it might seem weird to you.
By the way on the Perfect EP is also the stripped version and personally I love this one even more.

Moving on to 'Infinity' I always cry from the first note to the last. It just sounds so much like a goodbye to me I can't help but shed a tear or thousands. Anyway this is I guess my favourite second song. I want to say it's chilled out but I guess it's not really. However the chorus is so amazing especially Harry's vocals.

Next one is 'End Of The Day'. This one is so cute. They dropped it a few days before the album came out and immediately a twitter fight happened. To be honest I don't understand why everyone started judging Liam for using 'Girl' and accusing him for being homophobic like seriously chill. A few weeks ago no one cared if their songs were gender neutral and by the way Harry sings 'Her' and 'She' the whole time like I don't get you people. Appreciate this beautiful song because at the end of the day (see what I did there hahah) we're here for the music and to support the boys in everything they do not judge them for one single word. Anyway I believe it's a love song but not one of the cheesy melancholic ones this one's rather uplifting and fun. Really good.

Track 6 is called 'If I Could Fly' and I swear everyone at the prelistening was fighting with the tears. I'm listening to it right now and to be honest I don't even know hoe to describe this one. There is this one part where everyone sings one line and this is basically where I loose against the tears all the time. It's when they sing:

'For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely, and forget who you are
I'm missing half of me, when we're apart
Now you know me, for your eyes only'

But hey sometimes you just need those kind of songs.

The track following is not lifting up the mood it rather keeps it in the pit of sadness and tears. It is called 'Long Way Down' and I feel like they sing about how the whole thing with them making music and us being all supportive is going to end. Kind of like a breakup song but between the fans and the boys. That's what makes it so sad to me. I don't know if my interpretation is right here but this is what I hear. I guess you just have to listen to it yourself.

http://onedirectiongallery.org/thumbnails.php?album=4467

Gladly number 8 is a sing on top of your lungs and dance around song. Called 'Never Enough' and yes I can't get enough of this song. It's so gooooooooooooood. Seriously I can literally feel the fun they had recording this on. Another on of my faves. 

The next one is called 'Olivia' and I swear if your name is Olivia you won at life because they basically sing you a love song in the cutest way possible. The best part is 

'Oh I love you, I love you
I love, I love, I love Olivia'

You do however need to listen to this one to get why it's my favourite part. Especially when Niall sings it, so cute.

It's time for my favourite tack from the whole album 'What A Feeling'. I swear it has either a touch of 80s or 90s to it and I bet that's why it's my favourite. I have nor officially run out of words so explain this album all I can say it that you should really listen to it and buy it on iTunes. 

Moving on we have 'Love You Goodbye'. As you can probably already tell it's sad and a breakup song. I listened to it the first time when I was on my way to the part on Tuesday and guess what my mascara ended up everywhere on my face so before I could actually go to the party I had to clean face at a traffic light waiting for my friend. What a great way to start a party thank you guys.

'I Want To Write You A  Song' is so cute. When we first heard it on Thursday we all thought this could be a children's song. 
Louis' vocals in the chorus. Holy sh**** he sounds so good. And then Niall in the end singing 

'I wanna write you a song, one to make your heart remember me
So anytime I'm gone you can listen to my voice & sing along'

Again this sounds so much like a goodbye like they want us to have something to remember them while they're on their break.

The last one on the normal version is 'History' and it sounds to me like they're promising us to come back in this song, one reason I love it so much. The other one is because it's so relatable. Like when you have had a friend for a really long time and then you go to university and promise not to forget each other and keep making memories together. Again just my interpretation.

Okay so this is where the prelistening ended. Of course there is a deluxe version of the album but we weren't allowed the remaining four tracks. We did however get to listen to the normal version a second time having even more fun this time since we knew all the songs by now. 

http://onedirectiongallery.org/displayimage.php?album=4467&pid=151622#top_display_media

As I said there are four more tracks and the first one is 'Temporary Fix'. Basically No Control 2.0 but this time it's Niall's time to shine and it's a song about friends with benefits. It just has so much energy to it you can't help but sing and dance to it but not in the a normal way oh hell no you go crazy big time. 
I think Niall said it's a love song but a dirty one. 
Times like this isn't really hard to be Niall girl because he kills you 24/7.

The second one is 'Walking In The Wind' and this might seem sad at first but actually it's a promise for coming back again. It's a happy but also melancholic one I guess. Really nice. I love the lyrics in this one especially 

'We had some good times didn't we
We had some good tricks up our sleeve
Goodbyes are bittersweet
But it's not the end
I'll see your face again'

See told you a hidden promise again.

Second to last is 'Wolves' and to be honest I don't know how to explain this one. It's really happy and fun but when it comes to the meaning I don't get it. It's really good though.
Listen to this one yourself please because I can't explain it.
Last but not least is 'A.M.'. Yesterday I saw a tweet saying it's about Zayn. I don't know why buy hey everyone has their own interpretations so we shouldn't judge. I think this is again a goodbye but for real this time. I didn't quite realise this would be their last album for a couple of years (I hope not more than two) until this song. 
It kinda hit me that this might be the end and I yes might be 17 nearly 18 now and I will be graduating from school next year and people think I should forget about the boys and move on from my apparently embarrassing fandom but I am not ready to let them go. I have been a fan for literally all my teenage years and even if I'm 25 when they come back I will drop everything I'm doing just to see them at concert or buy an album or whatever basically I'd do anything to support them even when I'm 90 and they're 96 or whatever I'll be at their concert for sure ain't nobody stopping me.
Telling me to stop loving them is like telling a hardcore football/soccer fan to stop supporting is favourite team. See that's not going to work.

Also after I got home on Thursday they did the live lounge with bbc radio 1 and I swear as soon as Niall started talking before their last song I was already crying and sobbing because I just knew they were about to sing Tor. If can't understand my reaction I'll explain it to you. They were put together at the end of bootcamp getting them through to judges houses and this was also when they performed together the first time and now guess which song they did. Yup you're right they sang Torn. They then sang it again in one of the live shows I can't remember which one at the moment but that was it they did not perform it again. Until this Thursday after 5 years and that's when you hear how much their vocals improved since then.

I love these boys until I die and probably beyond.


I hope you liked this post. Please go and buy the album on iTunes. I'm going to watch the xFactor now because On Direction are performing.

lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment